SOLICITORSMAKE AN ENQUIRY
I have a significant academic interest.
I have over 30 publications in peer review journals, including papers on open fractures, pelvic fractures, wrist fractures, tibial fractures, foot fractures, hip fractures, hip resurfacing, knee replacements and knee arthroscopies.
I am the chief investigator for KFORT. This is a randomised trial comparing distal femoral replacement vs fixation in older patients who have sustained a distal femur fracture.
I have been awarded a £250,000 grant from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to run this trial at 7 UK centres.
I am co-applicant for ACEFIT. This is a randomised trial comparing non-operative management, vs fixation, vs fix and replace for older patients who have sustained acetabular fractures We have been awarded £250,000 from the NIHR to run this trial.
I am co-applicant for L1FE study . This is a randomised trial looking at treatment of older patients with pelvic fractures. We have been awarded a grant of £2.5 million from NIHR to run this trial.<
I am the chair of the trial steering committee for TULIP, this is a randomised trial looking at different treatment options in patients who have sustained pelvic fractures.
I am / have been the principal investigator in Cambridge for 6 National trauma trials including:
- AIM – A prospective trial into the management of ankle fractures in older patients
- WOLLF – A prospective randomised trial on open lower limb fractures
- WHIST – A prospective randomised trial on wound healing following lower limb injuries
- FiXDT – A prospective randomised trial into the management of distal tibial fractures
- WHITE – Looking at hip fracture management in older patients
- STAR – A prospective randomised trial for patients with Achilles tendon rupture